I wanted to let you know about the new Stanford Anesthesia Fellowship in Global Health.
This postgraduate Fellowship after residency is tailored to the individual physician’s background and goals but has several core components:
1) Up to 12 weeks working in a medically underserved low or middle income country.
2) Scholarship project in global health focused on improving infrastructure through improvements in medical education or by forming and answering an appropriate research question.
3) A core curriculum including lectures and seminars throughout the year available via Stanford’s Center for Innovation in Global Health(http://globalhealth.stanford.edu/).
4) Clinical work as an anesthesiology attending in the Stanford Operating Room suite one day a week with 1-2 calls per month to gain additional clinical experience.
5) Attendance at Global Health Outreach conference in Halifax, Nova Scotia or Kampala, Uganda addressing the challenges of administering anesthetics in austere environments.
If interested in applying please contact Fellowship Director Dr. Ana Crawford at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note a California medical license is required. More information about Stanford Anesthesia Global Health is also available at globalanesthesia.stanford.edu.